Friday, January 20, 2012

Gasping....Choking....

Help me! I'm lo
...Hello? Am I here?

Can u see (read) me? I wonder...are my eyes open? WTF?!

It was midnight when I was finally able to lay my not-so-sleepy head down to sleep. Its almost unheard of...but the minute my head hit the pillow I found myself devoured by the peaceful, calm surroundings of my dreams. What a strange, yet tranquil feeling!

Suddenly, I felt my body stiffen as an unknown sound invaded my senses. My skin started to tingle and burn. Every hair on my body strained as I tried to orientate myself. As the unknown sound moves closer, I hear the frantic beating of my heart echoing in my ears. What is this presence that has haunted me all these years? Am I going to finally be able to come face-to-face with it?

Closer...step-by-step, inch-by-inch... I feel the air thicken around me. My breathing becomes more rapid, and difficult by the second. My once burning skin has become cold and numb, yet still tingles from the electricity that fills the air. Something has a hold of me. Its firm grip squeezes the very air out of my soul...help me...I cannot speak...I cannot breathe...I feel my body give in...

It was at that moment that I was abruptly awakened...gasping...choking...

Slowly, I regained my senses. I looked over and saw the serene face of my husband as he laid sleeping and uninterrupted by my somewhat traumatic ordeal. Somehow...I am filled with familiarity...warmth...and security...

I slowly slid in next to him and once again lay my not-so-sleepy head down...only this time I do not fall asleep quite so easily...and I pray not to dream again...

No comments:

Post a Comment