A friend questioned me...why do people open up to me? Why do people show me a side of them that is extremely private?
I don't know why people do. I blame it on connections. I love connecting with people. Connections create strong emotions and I live by my emotions. Perhaps it's my addiction. Emotions...Feelings (ha in more ways than one!)
Well... perhaps it's as simple as having someone willing to listen and open up to them, be vulnerable with them and to find a trust that it's just us and no one else involved. To not be hurt. To not be judged. To be able to express things that cannot be expressed to another person (or certain person) without ridicule. To not fear that the whole world will know ur quirks in the next 12 hours... We all need that release...and so do I...
But...I honestly don't know why. Perhaps, as I have said before, I never had anyone to listen to me when I truly needed it. I know that hurt and pain. I also know the betrayal from friends and family. Don't need it.
"We do not chose the life. We live one"
If we could chose our life...no one would have demons. Hell...I would be beautiful and thin and I would definitely chase away my demons. We all have our demons. Don't let them haunt you... We all fall but it will only be us who lift ourselves up.
NB. You are a treasured friend. To prove it..I will let you sing LMFAO to me again and I won't laugh...much! YOU are falling together. Keep the path you are moving in. I'm proud of you.
"it was pride that changed angels into Devils; it is humility that makes men as Angels" -- St Augustine
No comments:
Post a Comment