We made promises to ourselves...for me...for you...for us...for life.
Silly things that we take for granted...for example:
We would start cleaning up WHILE cooking, this way there's not a huge mess at the end of dinner when we are already stuffed and ready for sleep.
-OR-
We would put things away after we are done with them and not waiting til later to do it. We all know it never happens and ends up becoming a pile on the kitchen counter, or a pile on the couch.
Guilty....yes...I am...but so are you...
What is it that makes us say things and then forget it was ever mentioned?
Heres one for you... all those "swear on my life" or "promise to do this...or that..." when things almost ended with us and then as soon as things were at a somewhat happy medium...its back to what it was before...HOPEFULLY without the cheating on me part.
Maybe I just suck? I'm the product of my own complaints...I admit it...so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I put it all on you when I too have fallen back to the old me. Did I mention I wasn't the one who cheated? Ok low blow...how do we fix this?
I'm scared its not ever going to be fixed and that I've fallen prey to my own hopeless fantasies...
No comments:
Post a Comment