Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here is my attempt at poetry...

I guess you could call this free verse...

There comes a time in everyone’s life when you hit that fork in road.
To the left is my life.
To the right are my desires.
Which way should I go?

No! I don’t want to choose…
I have no desire to... please don’t make me…
But, there is no middle ground…
There’s so much I don’t want to lose…

Sometimes I ask for a lot of attention,
But, what I want most is to feel safe, wanted, loved, needed.
I don’t want to lose what I’ve found.
Yet, there’s a new wind blowing my direction.

I don’t know what to make of it, but a lingering presence haunts my memory.
This could be trouble, but with permission it could be bliss.
I get lost when I say “I do, but I don’t.”
I’m so conflicted…What do you want from me?

Temptation feeds my curiosity and burns my every desire.
Is this driven by love? No, it is pure lust.
Please know that my heart and soul belongs to someone else.
But my need for the human touch drives this fire.

The sound of your voice when you say my name still makes me weak.
To go my own way or to be your life.
Together we are an unstoppable force.

***this isn't finished yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment