Sunday, January 5, 2014

Re-Prioritizing Me...

So a new year and a new Focus.  Time to re-prioritize my eating habits and get out of "Holiday Mode." Oh..and re-prioritize my work out habits.  

Currently, the mode I'm in is "training." I'm preparing for my upcoming charity ride in the Tour de Palm Springs which will be taking place February 8th.  Their 15 mile ride was cancelled and as Murphy's law would have it... that just happens to be the one I had registered for back in October... :-P. Yeah I know, 15 miles doesn't sound like much, but for me, its a pretty good ride. Anyways, I decided the 10 mile ride wasn't really worth pursuing for my first time charity ride.  So...I have decided to "upgrade" to the 25 mile ride *gulp*. 

I've been doing some conditioning rides, both on my own and with my cycling group, to prepare myself for this next challenge on my journey.  The journey to find a new ME.  However, the most I've ridden is 20 miles and during the last few miles, I do a few stops and sometimes I find a few choice words to express myself LOL. So, I'm guessing 25 miles will find me a new vocabulary and a new love/hate relationship will form. How romantic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment