Sunday, June 22, 2014

Little Messages

A friend sent this to me this morning...This is why I love him to death...

"Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room."

As an over weight person on her way to finding her skinny side (well skinnier side) I have very little self esteem. I have gone through and still go through all the emotions of being flawed, unattractive,  unneeded,  not worthy....you name it I've been there.  Most of all I often feel broken.  Its a great feeling to hear others (family, friends, spouse) tell you that you are wonderful or even beautiful.  Unfortunately its few and far between.

I am that broken window...will you be my light?

No comments:

Post a Comment