We started out in our 22 mile training ride through Sunset and about 16 miles in the chain broke on HIS bike as we're going up the last major hill. So the group pulled over to help us. While he was working on his chain, I started to feel funny. I began to get dizzy, started to shake, my vision went...the best way I can describe it is...it got wavy or wiggly. I then started to fade in and out and was about to pass out. A friend grabbed my bike and I went to the ground. As I was sitting I started to chew as many lifesavers as I coulda good thing I grabbed a hand full before the ride. Another friend gave me his Honey Stinger packet. I was ok after a few minutes, but I scared the heck outta myself. Doc came with his truck and rescued me, although I felt I could finish the ride, Doc said it wasn't a good idea. When I got home, my bp was on the low end and my blood sugar was at 79. Yes, I was definitely very low if that was my level after sucking down all the sugar just prior to testing.
Lesson: Don't be cocky with your blood sugar even if you are considered non-medicated and controlled. I'm a dumbass...
Let's see how the actual charity ride goes next Saturday now... I'll pack smarter...
No comments:
Post a Comment